Monday, April 20, 2009

Day Eighty-five

Hmm, sixty days of recounting the small happinesses of my days. One thing about blogging, or journaling in general, is that you can get a very clear idea of how you've grown, and why. For me anyway, it's easy to forget some of these changes or where they came from. With this, I can always associate certain events or ideas with particular posts, even if I don't mention them.

One positive change I've noticed lately is that I've become more of an agent of action; a doer. Even if they're small, they're still me enacting a philosphy of simple living that appeals to me greatly - I'm not just thinking about and talking about abstracts, I'm successfully integrating a new paradigm into my life.

Today I made yogurt! Well, I guess it won't really be done until tomorrow, but all the same - it's something I've been meaning to do for a while. In fact, the yogurt maker I have was given to me as a high school graduating gift, and I used it all of twice before it became this appliance I just lugged around and would one day get back to. I used some unhomogenized milk and put some of my organic store bought yogurt in as a starter. I've had success with this brand before, so I think it'll turn out well.

While I was making the yogurt, a wonderful thundershower rolled through. I love the smell of the outdoors after the rain, and a raucous thundershower, complete with brief downpours, is definitely a highlight of the warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment