Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day Ninety



I volunteered to help build a community garden today. I got up early, rode my bike over there, and worked in the sun until about one. It's the first time I've ever put such effort into gardening - a full body effort, I guess; most of my own gardening has been gardening in pots on the balcony. The world's a different place in the earlier hours of the day...

It was surprisingly invigorating rather than draining - I had enough energy to make it through work unimpaired. I feel like I always hear about how the sun is bad for you, but I think there's something refreshing about just being in the sun for hours and hours - I know, I really throw caution to the wind.

I wish I had a plot, but there's already a waiting list for them, plus I'm not sure I could afford the fee (though it affords you a lot of stuff - access to their tools, compost, some other things... You really only need to bring plants!). Just creating, however, and being outside was enough for me, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment