Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day Two-hundred Fourteen



The new semester started a week ago. Something unusual about this one is that I'm not taking any major-related classes - instead I'm focusing on electives and such. I think I'll enjoy all of them, a beginner's French, a formal logic, and a death/religion class, but the one I'm having the most fun with is French. I always wanted to learn that language, to me it's very rich and musical, sort of the desserts of the European language buffet.



This time of year always has me feeling inspired and energized. This fall I'm going to take the adult beginner's ballet at the local ballet studio, and I've begun to do vocal exercises via youtube. Vocal training is something I used to do in high school, and it feels so good to pick it up again, I've missed it. Hopefully I can find a teacher.



The first of the leaves have begun to fall. Now I'm anticipating the flourish of color and beauty that marks the death of summer. Au revoir. Bonne journée!

No comments:

Post a Comment